Stop SOPA and PIPA










Is the best way
to fight piracy
to destroy your own boats?
I design tabletop games. You might think I wouldn't have a dog in the fight over internet censorship since my games are probably as analog as you can get. In fact, you'd think the nature of game piracy would actually put me in favor of anti-piracy legislation. Quite the contrary!

Without the active and unhindered exchange of ideas in the game design community, I wouldn't have grown as a designer over the past ten years. Now that I'm a professional, I wouldn't have been able to reach out to dozens of artists, writers, designers, manufacturers, distributors, retailers and vendors as I develop those games for the commercial market.

In other words, without an open internet, my contributions to the economy would be closed. So, I join many others in standing against SOPA, PIPA, and any other legislation that would claim to deter piracy but curtail freedom.

Don't destroy our boats to fight piracy.

UPDATE: Now there are t-shirts, because I'm a shameless capitalist.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Graphic Design and Typography Tips for your Card Game

Troubleshooting: How to fix "Remove Blank Lines for Empty Fields" in InDesign Data Merge

One Thing to Avoid in Game Design